It took a couple of days of digging, but I finally got past the old roots from the dying tree that Ryan, Lee, and I felled last spring in order to make a hole deep enough for our new Cherry tree which Christina and our neighbors picked out last weekend. It should produce pink blossoms in the spring!
The Cherry tree will keep close company to our old, giant apple tree which after a heavy pruning in the spring hadn't produced many apples this year. In fact, Megan's artistic rendition of an apple tree seen below has more apples on it.
From last year's freak pre-Halloween snow storm, I plan to finally bring the gaint pile of branches in our back yard to the transfer station to clear the way for the leaves. I have also recently restacked our wood pile and plan to make a fire in our fire pit on this cold, 34 degree early October morning while I work outside.
We have had a variety of interesting mushrooms in our yard lately. This colony sits at the base of our old apple tree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment