2008 has been an eventful year for me and my family.
First, we are so lucky to have such a wonderful daughter, born in February 2008. (see all previous posts). We are also very relieved that our dog Bailey has recovered from his anemia and we hope that he continues to do well in the company of his new baby sister. We also like our new veterinarians at the Bolton Emergency Veterinarian Clinic (and nearby Shady Glen and Fish Family Farm ice cream too).
Among the times spent together as a family, we enjoyed a wonderful vacation in Maine and in Maryland, thanks to a colleague of mine. We got to visit my brother, sister-in-law, and niece at their place in Delaware. My niece impresses me with her walking, talking, and sign language use. We have also had many family get-togethers over the holidays and both grandmothers sitting for Megan each week. Thanks to Nonnie's "connections" and for bringing us all the gently used clothing and toys for Megan!!! Megan has enjoyed socializing in daycare. I hope we are all building up immunity, though. Swim classes have been a great success and enjoyment and we also enjoyed orchards in Ellington and the Bronx Zoo in NY.
My friend Ryan returned from successful military training and he has been very understanding about my new role as a parent and he has enjoyed spending time watching Megan grow up.
We had many good times with our friends the Civitillos and Peruccios and their kids! Thanks for your friendship and help with our parenting questions.
Thanks also to Cathy for your extremely appreciated handed-down clothing and advice too!
A sad, sudden occurrance in the health of one of my employers and a turbulent changing of ownership in the formerly independent pharmacy I have worked in for over 16 years has caused me much concern recently. Fortunately, from the perspective of my exposure to these stresses, the timing of my awaited increased hours that I was awarded in cardiac rehabilitation was perfect. While I am maintaining ties with the pharmacy, I am also anxious to learn how my extra time will be spent in cardiac rehab. I am also concerned about the economy, hoping that it improves for everyone, especially those near retirement. Maybe all of this explains that first gray hair Christina found in my head the other day.
I wish everyone health, happiness, and prosperity in 2009.
With luck and hard work, may we conquer the challenges that lie ahead!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lesson Learned: Because just about anyone can view my blog and leave unwarranted comments, I've set up invitation-only viewing (for family and friends) and comment moderation. This last comment had a link to a poker website and probably searched me out because I had listed Poker as an interest (which I've now removed)!
Post a Comment